The Israel Insurance Association (RA) is a voluntary organization incorporated as an NPO and registered with the Registrar of Societies.Most of the insurers operating in Israelin the branches of general insurance and marine insurance are members of the Association.Every Israeli insurer that holds an insurance license in one of the above branches is permitted to join the Association as a member.
The Associationís activity is financed by means of membership dues paid by the insurers who are members of the Association. The Association a not for profit organization and does not distribute profits to its members.
The Associationís principal goals are:
- To represent the insurersbefore the Supervisor of Insurance and the other State authorities, including government ministries, the Knesset, public authorities and public institutions, and to serve as the insurersí representative point of contact for the said authorities and institutions.
- To handle matters of legislationrelated to insurance or that have implications on the insurance industry.
- To represent the insurance industrybefore the media and the public
- To represent the insurance industry in its industry-related contractual arrangements,subject to the permits required by law
The Association operates for the welfare of the community and for solving disputes related to insurance in a civilized manner.
- In view of the fact that the abolition of the Etgar unit by Israel Police had an effect on the ground, the Association initiated its reest ablishment.
Following the approval granted by the Israeli government on the basis of an opinion by the Attorney General, the Association and vehicle leasing and rental companies provide funding for the establishment and operation of the ETGAR unit. During its operation, i.e. since January 1, 2006, the number of stolen cars dropped with the corresponding period of operetion. The drop in car thefts not only reduces property damage, but also improves the personal security of Israel
The Chairman of the Association is MR Yair Hamburger
The CEO of the Association, Dr. Guy Rotkopf,
is in charge of the Associationís ongoing management, subject to the policy that was set by the Associationís management and in accordance with its instructions.
In addition to the CEO, the Association has a V.P. Head of Non Life Insurance Division , V.P, Mr. Gil Salomon ADV, head of Regulation and communication Division and MR. Yoav Antebi, CPA,
The Associationís management and professional committees operate under the supervision of its legal advisor, Yosi Halevy, attorney at law.
Activity performed in order to formulate positions vis-ŗ-vis the governmental authorities is generally performed by means of the professional committees, which bring their recommendations before the Associationís management (if required in view of the matter at hand).
The accounting firm retained by the Association is Kesselman and Kesselman.
The Associationís tax advisor is Dr. Eli Gilbai.
Additional bodies operate alongside the Association:
The Research Fund on Insurance Matters, affiliated with the The Israel Insurance Association (RA)
The Insurance Companies Clearing Center Ltd
The Associationís address: 7 Jabotinsky st. Ramat Gan